As Unique as Your Students
We are committed to working with you to create an ideal meal experience with menus that are as unique & diverse as your students. Our wide range of food items can be customized to satisfy specific age groups and dietary needs.
Our team is constantly working on recipes and new meals designed with your students in mind. We have deep roots in the communities we serve which is the reason every meal is designed to meet the likes of our local students.
We believe that the best way to create a functional food service model is to partner with your school from the beginning. Every school’s needs are different, and we are committed to creating a unique level of service that works best for you.
If you have a new and innovative idea for service or meals, we would love to collaborate with you.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Not only does it help students stay focused and engaged, but it also provides the energy they need to start their day.
Our roots are in school breakfast and we provide our schools with healthy, tasty and compliant breakfast menus. Your students deserve a variety of breakfast options that include hot meals. We are constantly working to provide new and exciting menu items.
Breakfast Service Model
Grab’n Go Breakfast
We provide the most efficient models available for breakfast service. Shelf-stable breakfast items are packaged in a sealed bag for easy distribution to students before school, in the classroom or during nutrition break.
Grab’n Go Before School
A typical school has students arriving as early as one hour before schools
breakfast meals are obtained from a table set up for distribution as students arrive onto campus. go
- A staff member takes counts and supervises meal distribution.
- Students may eat their meal immediately or they can take it to class.
- Students who are “not hungry” are encouraged to save their
go breakfast in their backpack for later consumption. grab’n
Many logistical problems come to mind when considering Classroom Breakfast. Staffing? Cleanup? Class disruption? A combined effort of staff, teachers, custodians, and students have made Classroom Breakfast a success.
- STRATEGY 1: Service staff delivers and serves breakfast during the first 7-10 minutes of class while teachers are typically taking attendance.
- STRATEGY 2: Student representatives obtain breakfast from the common eating area to deliver meals to class for distribution and consumption.
- STRATEGY 3: Students obtain breakfast on the way to class.
Nutrition or snack break can be a great opportunity to serve breakfast. Grab’n
- STRATEGY 1: Grab’n
breakfast meals are obtained from a table set up for distribution during nutrition break. go
- STRATEGY 2: Breakfast is delivered and distributed to students as they transition from classroom to nutrition break.
- STRATEGY 3: Breakfast Break can be an opportunity to serve “second-chance” meals for students who missed morning distribution.
- STRATEGY 4: Unwanted breakfast items are deposited into a “share-basket” to be kept in the office and made available for students who are still hungry later in the day.
Popular Breakfast Menu Items
- Whole Grain Pan Dulce
- LA Coffee Cake
- Chicken & Waffle
- French Toast Sticks
- Turkey Sausage & Cheese Croissant Sandwich
- Green Chile & Cheese Burrito
- Chorizo & Potato Taco
- Cheese & Green Chile Tamale
- Blueberry Muffin Flats
- Fresh Bagel with Cream Cheese
Grab’n Go Breakfast
With Better 4 You Meals, the school day just got better & healthier. Kids love to eat healthy food— but only if it tastes good. We deliver healthy options without sacrificing taste.
When asked what their favorite part of the school day is, most kids will say lunch. We use lunch as an opportunity to deliver meals kids choose to eat— to guide healthy choices and establish habits for healthy generations to come.
Rarely repeating a hot featured entree on our menu within a single month, we create the variety needed so your students will not get bored with the menu. And when there’s an item that schools tell us they don’t like, we actually listen and work to replace it on the menu with a new item.
Popular Lunch Menu Options
- Ground Turkey Nachos with Whole Grain Corn Chips
- Chicken & Cheese Tamale with Mexican Style Corn
- Baked Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
- Mexican Chicken Salad Tostadas
- BBQ Chicken Leg with Mashed Potatoes
- Red Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
- Turkey & Cheese Sandwich on a Pretzel Roll
- Chicken Taco Salad
Supplemental Menu Options
We offer a wide range of menu options and expanded availability meal programs to make schools a reliable source for adequate nutrition and freedom from hunger.
By offering free breakfast to all students, universal breakfast eliminates the stigma associated with economic status and increases participation in School Breakfast Programs.
After School Supper
If your school has an after-school program, supper service is a great opportunity to provide a complete day of meal services to your students.
Better 4 You Meals has long been committed to the nutrition and compliance of every meal by providing a well-informed food service program culture. We believe this starts with a strong foundation in school operation experience, food service experience and involvement;...read more
5743 Smithway Street, Ste. 103
Commerce, CA 90040